The business model of 4L Law Firm Services is simple. Law firms should move their back office to 4L's front office. Law firm back office is what 4L does best. What law firms do best is practice law -- not accounting; not IT/software. No first year law student (a 1L) ever dreamed of becoming a lawyer in order to supervise a bookkeeper, an IT guru and other back office personnel.
Law firms who outsource some, or all, of their back office services are able to save money (as much as 30%-to-40%), obtain substantially better financial and IT/software services, and utilize firm leadership time on more profitable pursuits -- like client service and attracting new clients. These results are achieved because 4L focuses on people, processes and technologies in ways no single small or midsize firm can realistically duplicate on its own.
Law firms partner with 4L for accounting and billing services because we:
- reduce their operating and capital costs,
- provide unrivaled law firm financial expertise, and
- help law firms achieve their goals of making their lawyers more efficient and productive and transforming their operations to become easier to manage and increasingly more profitable.
We also provide a secure, private cloud-based IT/software solution featuring case management, document management and desktop software from Orion® Law Management Systems, Worldox® and Microsoft® (Windows; Office; Exchange).
4L was founded by law firm managers who formerly provided back office services (principally finance and IT) to law firms with as many as 1,000 lawyers practicing from 23 offices across the globe. Eventually, two thoughts occurred to this intrepid team:
- they were working longer hours than the lawyers (often the result of large firm bureaucracy); and
- they could provide the same high level of services (better, cheaper, faster) to just as many lawyers practicing in 80-to-100 different small or midsize firms.
From our office in Tampa, 4L currently provides back office services to law firms whose front offices are located in Florida and Georgia. Wherever your front office may reside, 4L can free up your firm's lawyers and administrator to do what they do best, while we mind the back office challenges.